Want to know how to get glue on nails off quickly and easily? If you regularly indulge in DIY or arts and crafts, it’s something you’ll have to find out sooner or later! Our guide will show you how to remove super glue from nails and skin in just a few simple steps.
If you’re worrying about how to get super glue off nails and hands easily, worry no more – it’s actually very simple. Just follow these steps.
- Fill a bowl with warm, soapy water. Use a gentle dish soap.
- Soak your fingers. The glue should dissolve in a couple of minutes.
- Gently scrape away any remaining glue residue. Using another fingernail or a hard edge should be sufficient to remove the remaining glue. If not, repeat the process.
If two of your fingers are actually stuck together, the soapy water method should still work. However, you may need to use a hard object, such as a spoon, to carefully pry your fingers apart.
See how to get glue on nails off easily.
Acetone, a chemical commonly found in nail polish remover and some household cleaning products, is also very effective for removing super glue from nails and skin.Here’s how to use it.
- Apply the acetone. Use a cotton bud or small piece of cloth soaked in acetone, and press it against the glued nail or skin.
- Gently scrape away the glue. If it doesn’t come away, re-apply the acetone and wait.
- Wash your hands with soap and water. Acetone dries out skin, so you may want to use a moisturising hand lotion too.
You can use acetone to remove super glue from materials such as glass and clothing. But take care – it might discolour or damage some delicate fabrics.
If you’d like to have a specific glue remover for a wide range of materials, Loctite Glue Remover may be just what you’re looking for.
Loctite Glue Remover is easy to use, and specially designed for removing glue stains and spillages as well as unsticking bonded fingers. Stained objects should be covered with the Glue Remover and left for several hours. Bonded fingers, however, can be gently pried apart after just a few minutes, so you won’t be stuck for long!