Every DIYer needs a secret weapon – the tool that will fix just about anything. Loctite Liquid is the super glue you’ve been looking for. Our guide to super glue liquid has everything you need to know about choosing and using it.
Liquid super glues such as Loctite Liquid are ideal for making quick repairs around the house, from filling in gaps to putting broken furniture back together. These adhesives are extremely strong and versatile, and tend to dry quickly, so the object is ready to use again in no time.
Techniques for gluing will vary slightly, depending on the kind of object and material you’re working with. However, for most simple repairs, the following steps will guarantee professional results.
- Clean and dry the surfaces you want to bond.
- Select your Loctite Liquid glue. Remove the applicator cap and test the glue on a disposable surface, to check that you’re happy with the flow.
- Apply the glue to one surface. If you’re working with a particularly large or heavy object, you may need to apply it to both surfaces.
- Press the surfaces together firmly. Hold them in position for around 30 seconds, or use weights or clamps to keep them in place if necessary.
- Put away the glue. Make sure the lid is tightly secured. Keep the glue stored upright in a cool, dry place.
- Wait for the glue to dry. Check the manufacturer’s instructions for the cure time, and avoid using the object until the glue has completely cured.
What to do with excess glue? If it hasn’t dried yet, quickly remove it with a damp cloth or a cotton ball soaked in acetone. You can remove dried glue by gently scraping it off with a knife, or by using Loctite Glue Remover.
When you’re deciding which Loctite Liquid glue to use on a particular surface, you should consider the following factors:
- Size of surface
- Need for precision
Loctite Super Glue Liquid Universal should be your first choice for standard repairs. It’s a strong, versatile adhesive that can be used on most materials. It’s also waterproof, shock resistant and able to withstand extreme temperatures.
If you’re working with a large surface area, try Loctite Super Glue Liquid Brush On. It comes with a handy brush applicator that makes it easy to spread the glue over big or uneven surfaces.
For perfect precision, both Loctite Super Glue Liquid Control or Loctite Super Glue Liquid Precision have precise dispensing systems, allowing for a greater level of control when working with small or fiddly repairs.