Whether it’s duct tape, kid’s stickers or sticky labels, stickers and glue can leave annoying marks on your metal surfaces. Removing glue from metal doesn’t have to be difficult, though. Here are the basics on how to remove sticker residue from metal!
Stickers and labels can leave unsightly marks on all kinds of metal surfaces. Whether it’s your radiator, fridge door or metal window frame, there are ways to remove sticker residue from metal, easily, quickly and cleanly, without the need for harsh chemicals or sandpaper.
- Cover the stain with Loctite Glue Remover. Cover with a folded tissue and leave for a few hours.
- Clean the area. Wipe the surface with a clean sponge or kitchen towel and some hot soapy water and then let it dry. And there you have it!
If you’ve used super glue to repair a metal object and spilt it, there’s no need to worry, even if the super glue ended up on a painted metal surface! All you need are the following tools:
- Loctite’s Glue Remover
- a rag or a clean cloth
- a piece of sandpaper
If you’ve spilt a lot of glue on to the metal surface, here’s what you need to do.
- Wait for the glue to dry. Cover the stained area with Loctite Glue Remover. Put a folded tissue on top of the affected area and leave it to dissolve the glue from the metal.
- Clean the area. Remove the tissue and wipe the surface clean with a new one. Rinse or wash the surface with water and dry it.
- Assess the stain. If parts of it are still left, repeat the process.
Tip: If it’s a heavy stain, you might need to lightly sand the area with sandpaper or remove the largest bits of dried glue with a safety razor or sharp knife.
You can also use Loctite Glue Remover to remove duct tape residue from metal. Simply follow the instructions above.
For a quick fix look no further than Loctite’s 60 Second All-Purpose Glue. This fast, strong, and repositionable super glue is perfect for repairs around the house. It bonds in 60 seconds, dries transparently, and is extra strong, making it the go-to glue for all kinds of metal objects. Its non-drip formula also means that it’s easy to apply and less messy.
Another way to ensure that your super glue only gets onto the right surfaces, is by using Loctite’s Super Glue Liquid Precision. Not only is this super glue fast, strong and resistant to water, dishwashers, shock and temperatures from -50°C to 120°C, it also comes with a range of applicators for absolute precision.