Repairing ceramic or porcelain items has never been easier. Simply follow our guide, choose the right super glue for ceramics and get to work.
There are so many different types of glue that it can be tricky to work out what kind of glue to use on ceramic. So, here are some tips.
When choosing the right glue for ceramics and porcelain, you should look for multipurpose glues which can be used on a range of different materials and surfaces.
Underneath the shiny glaze, ceramic and porcelain are, in fact, porous materials, so you need a glue that will work on porous surfaces. If there are cracks in your broken ceramic or porcelain items, then you should also look for ceramic glue that can fill in gaps. Also, if you need to fix a mug or plate that you use for serving food and drink, a food safe ceramic glue is the right choice.
Repairing broken ceramic doesn’t need to be difficult. Get started with our step-by-step guide.
- Collect all of the broken ceramic pieces. Then assemble them without gluing to ensure you’ve got all the pieces to work with.
- Apply a thin line of ceramic glue.
- Press the pieces together. If you don’t get it right first time make sure to reposition before the glue dries.
- Firmly hold the pieces together to ensure that the surfaces bond properly.
- Remove any excess glue using Loctite Glue Remover.
The ideal glue for fixing broken ceramic is Loctite Super Glue Liquid Precision. This high-strength super glue forms strong and transparent bonds, which means that all repairs, however big or small, are barely noticeable and will last for a long time. It also comes with a range of different applicators for convenient use. For more extensive repairs, Loctite Super Glue Liquid Precision Max comes in a larger bottle. It also features different applicators, including an extra-long nozzle for precise application in hard to reach places.