Follow our step by step application guide:
A common occurance with leather handbags is that the strap can come loose or come apart because of continual use and the bag being filled with heavy items that subject it to wear and tear. With Loctite Super Glue Power Flex you can rejoin a broken handbag strap in no time. The extra tough rubber-infused gel is designed to work extremely well on porous materials such as leather and fabrics by forming resiliant, non-brittle and flexible bonds. Super Glue Power Flex is a non-drip gel, so it is simple to apply and leaves no mess because it dries transparent to leave an invisible bond that is incredibly hardwearing. For intricate, hard to reach spots we recommend using Loctite Super Glue Power Flex Control, which features an easy grip squeeze bottle and precision nozzle to make fiddly repairs and applications easier.
1. Rest the bag on a flat surface like a table and clean both the affected surfaces that are to be rejoined. Make sure they are then completely dry before aplying glue.
2. On both the bag surface and the strap end, carefully apply a thin even layer of glue.
3. Press the two parts back together firmly and hold until set. For pin point precision use Loctite Power Flex Gel Control.
Do not move the parts until set. Don't worry if there is a little excess glue, this can be easily removed once dry (see point 6).
4. Allow at least 1-2 hours to dry before using. For best results leave overnight.
5. Once dry, if there is any excess residue, gently wipe with a tissue dipped in Loctite Glue Remover.
6. Replace the cap immediately and store upright in a cool dry place.