Follow our step by step application guide:
It's not uncommon for delicate jewellery such as your favourite pair of earrings to come apart after continual use. Rather than throw away those cherished and sentimental items, you can turn to Loctite to breathe new life into them, and once again enjoy wearing them. Loctite Super Glue Liquid has a convenient Brush On applicator that is ideal for these types of applications because it enables you to easily spread the glue over small and irregular shaped surfaces. Its powerful formula has been developed to form resilient bonds that then dry transparent to form long lasting invisible bonds.
1. Ensure that you clean both the surface of the earring and the back of the earring carefully, removing any old adhesive residue and dirt and that they are then completely dry.
2. Carefully brush a thin, even layer of glue onto the earring where the back should join. Press the earring back and the earring firmly together again and hold for a few minutes.
3. Do not move the surfaces until set. Don’t worry if there is some excess glue seeping out at this stage, this can be easily removed once dry (see point 5).
4. For best results allow at least 1 hour to dry before wearing again or leave overnight.
5. Once dry, if there is any excess residue, you can gently scrape it off with a sharp blade, wipe with a tissue dipped in Loctite Glue Remover or with nail varnish remover containing acetone.
6. Replace the cap immediately and store the glue upright in a cool dry place