Knowing how to get super glue off clothes will help you to get out of a sticky situation in no time. Stains on jeans, shirts and other fabrics can be made to disappear in seconds, so no one will ever know you spilled the glue in the first place. Discover how to get dried super glue out of clothes.
If you’ve spilled a bit of glue on your clothes, don’t despair! Just follow these steps to get rid of a glue stain quickly and easily:
- Wait for the glue to dry. It’s easier to deal with when it’s dry.
- Scrape off the glue. You should be able to get rid of most if not all of the glue this way. Use a hard edge like a spoon or a spatula; sharp edges like knives might damage the fabric.
- Leave the garment to soak in cold water overnight.
- Rub some detergent into the stain.
- Wash the garment as normal in the washing machine. Use a warm setting.
- Let it dry naturally. The glue stain is more likely to disappear if you hang out the garment to dry instead of using the tumble dryer.
How to remove super glue from fabric when it’s a particularly stubborn stain? Try using a cloth or cotton ball soaked in acetone to gently dab the stain. Acetone is an effective glue remover, but there’s also risk of damaging delicate or coloured fabric, so use acetone as a last resort.
Removing super glue from shoes is similar to removing glue from other materials. First, try scraping it off. If that’s not enough, dip a toothbrush in warm soapy water and gently scrub the stain. You can also try acetone (see info box above), but make sure you test it on a small, less visible patch of the shoe first, in case it discolours the material.
Once the glue is gone, clean the shoe with warm water and then dry the material with a clean towel.
How do you get super glue out of clothes and off skin? To get rid of irritating glue stains and spillages, simply apply a drop of Loctite Glue Remover and wait for a couple of minutes until the glue starts to soften and dissolve. Gently scrape off the glue residue, then wash the area with a bit of soapy water. It’s a quick and easy way to get rid of glue without damaging the clothes.