Extra powerful bonds, suitable even on flexible materials thanks to its rubber infused formula.
How to repair a garden rake?
Save the family rake with Loctite. We recommend using Loctite's rubber infused Super Glue Power Flex that is both weather and shock resistant. It can withstand extreme temperature changes as well as continuous exposure to the elements and water. Super Glue Power Flex has a non-drip gel formula that makes it easy to apply with no mess. It then dries transparent to form invisible, hardwearing bonds. For intricate and fiddly repairs, Loctite Super Glue Power Flex Control features an easy grip squeeze bottle and longer nozzle to help make applications quick and straightforward.
Follow our step by step application guide:
- Ensure both parts of the rake are clean, free of grease and oil, and completely dry.
- Carefully squeeze an even amount of glue around the surface at the end of the rake. Press the end of the rake onto the handle and push both parts together firmly. Hold until set. For pin point precision use Super Glue Power Flex Control.
- Do not move the parts until set. Don't worry if there is some excess glue, this can be easily removed once dry (see point 5).
- Allow at least 1-2 hours to dry before using the rake again. For best results leave it overnight.
- Once dry, if there is any excess residue, gently scrape off with a sharp knife, wipe with a tissue dipped in Loctite Glue Remover or alternatively with nail varnish remover containing acetone.
- Replace the cap immediately and store upright in a cool dry place.