Extra powerful bonds, suitable even on flexible materials thanks to its rubber infused formula.
How to glue rubber protections back onto a glass coaster?
Reapply damaged or worn rubber protections to your glass coasters and prevent them from scratching or damaging your wooden or glass table tops. Loctite Super Glue Power Flex is an innovative rubber-infused gel that is ideal on porous materials such as rubber and is specially designed to form tough, non-brittle and flexible bonds. After a few minutes, the powerful non-drip gel then dries transparent to leave you with a clean and neat finish, and bonds that are extremely hardwearing and shock resistant. For a more precise application we recommend using Super Glue Power Flex Control, which comes in an easy grip squeeze bottle with nozzle applicator making fiddly repairs straighforward.
Follow our step by step application guide:
- Ensure both parts are clean, completely dry and close fitting.
- Carefully squeeze a small drop of Super Glue Power Easy onto one side of the rubber pad.
- Press the glued side in position on the back of the glass coaster. Super Glue Power Easy now allows you the time to reposition the pad for a more accurate alignment if necessary.
- Once in place, hold until set without moving. Don't worry if some excess glue seeps out the side at this point, this can be easily removed once dry (see point 6).
- Allow at least 1-2 hours to set. For best results leave overnight before using.
- Once dry, if there is any excess residue, gently scrape off with a knife or wipe with a tissue dipped in Loctite Glue Remover or nail varnish remover containing acetone.
- Replace the cap immediately and store the glue upright in a cool dry place.