Extra powerful bonds, suitable even on flexible materials thanks to its rubber infused formula.
How to repair a split or fraying leather belt?
Repair your beloved personal items and accessories with Loctite Super Glue Power Flex. The extra tough rubber-infused formula is designed to work extremely well on porous materials such as leather and fabrics to form resiliant, non-brittle and flexible bonds, therefore making it ideal for repairing fraying belts. Super Glue Power Flex is a non-drip gel so it is easy to apply with no mess and dries transparent to form invisible and incredibly hardwearing bonds. For intricate, hard to reach spots Loctite Super Glue Power Flex Control features an easy grip squeeze bottle and nozzle to make fiddly repairs and precise applications easier.
Follow our step by step application guide:
1. Lay the belt out on a flat surface. Ensure that the parts to be rejoined are clean and completely dry.
2. Bend the top part back and carefully squeeze a small even amount onto the bottom surface of the inside of the belt, not too close to the edges, to avoid it seeping out.
3. Press the two surfaces together firmly, smooth down and hold until set. For pin point precision use Loctite Power Flex Gel Control. Do not move the parts until set. Don't worry if there is a little excess glue, this can be easily removed once dry (see point 6).
4. Allow at least 1-2 hours to dry before wearing. For best results leave overnight.
5. Once dry, if there is any excess residue, gently wipe with a tissue dipped in Loctite Glue Remover.
6. Replace the cap immediately and store upright in a cool dry place.